USA: Pilgrim’s Pride expects Q4 loss
US poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride Corporation has announced that it is expecting a loss in the fourth quarter of the current financial year instead of the previously predicted profit. The company says the loss is due to the low prices of dark-meat chicken products. Instead of 2-7 cents per share profit, Pilgrim's Pride now expects a Q4 loss of 10-15 cents per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch