USA: Pilgrim’s Pride plant to remain closed pending USDA investigation
The Franconia plant operated by US poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride is to remain closed pending the completion of an investigation by the USDA. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has been investigating the link between the plant and a listeria outbreak that caused seven fatalities in the northeastern US.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning