USA: Pilgrim’s Pride posts US$10m fall in Q1 net income
US poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride has reported a net income of US$2.8m for the first fiscal quarter ended 28 December 2002, a fall of $10.2m compared to the previous year The company's net sales for the first quarter were $627.4 million, a $28.6 million decrease compared to $656.0m for the same period last year. The first fiscal quarter results reflect a $0.22 per share gain, net of tax, associated with a payment by the federal government on their avian influenza relief plan for turkey producers and a $0.02 per share gain, net of tax, partial payment from a vitamin lawsuit settlement on a suit filed by the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review