US: Pilgrim's Pride receives over 90% of Gold Kist shares
Poultry group Pilgrim's Pride Corporation has announced that a total of 47,149,479 shares in Gold Kist, representing approximately 92% of the company's outstanding common stock, had been tendered by the close of its subsequent offering period on 5 January.
The company, whose $21.00 per share takeover bid was accepted by Gold Kist in December, said that all Gold Kist shares validly tendered during the subsequent offering period have been accepted for payment.
Pilgrim's Pride said it now intends to complete the acquisition of the remaining shares of Gold Kist through a merger of the acquisition vehicle, Protein Acquisition Corporation, into Gold Kist, in which all Gold Kist shares not tendered into Pilgrim's Pride's initial tender offer or during the subsequent offering period (other than shares held in the treasury of Gold Kist or held by Pilgrim's Pride or any of its subsidiaries) will be converted into the right to receive $21.00 per share.
The takeover has a total equity value of approximately $1.1bn, plus the assumption or refinancing of approximately $144m of Gold Kist's debt. It will create the world's leading chicken company in terms of production and the third-largest US meat protein company by revenues.
Companies: Pilgrim’s Pride
With Pilgrim's Pride settling a US$1.1bn takeover battle for rival poultry firm Gold Kist, the US meats market is about to change shape. Joe Ayling reports on the implications of the deal....
Pilgrim's Pride, the world's largest poultry producer, said today (1 May) that its second quarter losses deepened as a consequence of increasing feed prices and charges related to its acquisition of G...
Leading US poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride has reported a net loss of US$8.7m, or $0.13 per share, for the first quarter of the current fiscal year, against net income of $25.7m in the corresponding...
US poultry group Pilgrim's Pride Corporation has announced that it has raised the value of its offering of senior notes by US$200m....
Pilgrim's Pride will introduce EatWellStayHealthy Kids baked and breaded chicken products to 900 Publix outlets in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee next month....
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation, the poultry group that has just completed the acquisition of rival Gold Kist, has announced it intends to offer an aggregate of approximately US$450m of its unsecured note...
Poultry group Pilgrim's Pride has announced the appointment of A. Wayne Lord as its vice president of governmental affairs, a newly created post....
Pilgrim's Pride has successfully completed its US$1.1bn takeover of rival Gold Kist, becoming the world's largest chicken processor. Gold Kist is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the chicken group....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review