US: Pilgrim's Pride reportedly ups offer for Hillshire buy
Pilgrim's Pride has reportedly increased its offer for the acquisition of Hillshire Brands
The firm is engaged in a bidding war with Tyson Foods and initially offered $45 per share for control of the business.
Citing "people familiar with the matter", the Wall Street Journal reported that Pilgrim's Pride had increased its offer with Tyson Foods adding it "was aware of the report of a new offer from Pilgrim's, but it did not have a comment".
Analysts have suggested there could be an emergence from Hormel and possibly Sanderson Farms, ConAgra Foods or Cargill as bidders with an interest in Hillshire Brands.
The Hillshire Brands Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "ConAgra Foods, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile ...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- On the money: Steady as she goes at Cloetta
- Comment: ConAgra failing to address core issues
- just the answer: Birds Eye UK Margaret Jobling
- Ferrero seals deal for hazelnut firm Oltan
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Genius secures listings in French supermarkets