US: Pilgrim's Pride reportedly ups offer for Hillshire buy
Pilgrim's Pride has reportedly increased its offer for the acquisition of Hillshire Brands
The firm is engaged in a bidding war with Tyson Foods and initially offered $45 per share for control of the business.
Citing "people familiar with the matter", the Wall Street Journal reported that Pilgrim's Pride had increased its offer with Tyson Foods adding it "was aware of the report of a new offer from Pilgrim's, but it did not have a comment".
Analysts have suggested there could be an emergence from Hormel and possibly Sanderson Farms, ConAgra Foods or Cargill as bidders with an interest in Hillshire Brands.
Vegetable oil refers to palm oil, soybean oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, olive oil, cottonseed oil, and corn oil. Apart from cooking, vegetable oil is also used to produce bi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights