US: Pilgrim's Pride reportedly ups offer for Hillshire buy
Pilgrim's Pride has reportedly increased its offer for the acquisition of Hillshire Brands
The firm is engaged in a bidding war with Tyson Foods and initially offered $45 per share for control of the business.
Citing "people familiar with the matter", the Wall Street Journal reported that Pilgrim's Pride had increased its offer with Tyson Foods adding it "was aware of the report of a new offer from Pilgrim's, but it did not have a comment".
Analysts have suggested there could be an emergence from Hormel and possibly Sanderson Farms, ConAgra Foods or Cargill as bidders with an interest in Hillshire Brands.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Cargill, Incorporated - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detaile...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Yildiz Holding "draws bids for dairy arm Ak Gida"
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth