US: Pilgrim's Pride reportedly ups offer for Hillshire buy
Pilgrim's Pride has reportedly increased its offer for the acquisition of Hillshire Brands
The firm is engaged in a bidding war with Tyson Foods and initially offered $45 per share for control of the business.
Citing "people familiar with the matter", the Wall Street Journal reported that Pilgrim's Pride had increased its offer with Tyson Foods adding it "was aware of the report of a new offer from Pilgrim's, but it did not have a comment".
Analysts have suggested there could be an emergence from Hormel and possibly Sanderson Farms, ConAgra Foods or Cargill as bidders with an interest in Hillshire Brands.
The Hillshire Brands Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Bitesize interview: Cricketer Farm MD Greg Parsons
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Lay's heads "billionaire food brands" list
- Australia consumer watchdog probes raw milk sales
- Wessanen to buy dairy-free drinks firm Abafoods