US: Pilgrim's Pride reportedly ups offer for Hillshire buy
Pilgrim's Pride has reportedly increased its offer for the acquisition of Hillshire Brands
The firm is engaged in a bidding war with Tyson Foods and initially offered $45 per share for control of the business.
Citing "people familiar with the matter", the Wall Street Journal reported that Pilgrim's Pride had increased its offer with Tyson Foods adding it "was aware of the report of a new offer from Pilgrim's, but it did not have a comment".
Analysts have suggested there could be an emergence from Hormel and possibly Sanderson Farms, ConAgra Foods or Cargill as bidders with an interest in Hillshire Brands.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. ConAgra Foods, Inc. - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business struc......
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Cargill, Incorporated - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detaile...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics