USA: Pilgrim’s Pride says recall will not affect finances but shares hit 52-week low
US poultry company Pilgrim's Pride has said that the recall of its Wampler Foods deli products should not adversely affect its finances. The company expanded its voluntary recall on Sunday to include 27.4m pounds of ready-to-eat deli products as a precautionary measure after a strain of listeria bacteria was discovered at its Franconia plant. Wampler Foods products have not, however, been linked to the outbreak of listeria in the northeastern US that sickened 120 people and caused 20 deaths.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week