USA: Pilgrim's Pride to acquire WLR Foods for $14.25 per share
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) and WLR Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: WLRF) today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for Pilgrim's Pride to acquire all the outstanding stock of WLR Foods in a cash merger valued at approximately $300 million, which includes the assumption and/or refinancing of approximately $60 million of WLR Foods' debt and other obligations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group