USA: Pilgrim's Pride to acquire WLR Foods for $14.25 per share
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) and WLR Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: WLRF) today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for Pilgrim's Pride to acquire all the outstanding stock of WLR Foods in a cash merger valued at approximately $300 million, which includes the assumption and/or refinancing of approximately $60 million of WLR Foods' debt and other obligations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning