USA: Pilgrim's Pride to acquire WLR Foods for $14.25 per share
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) and WLR Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: WLRF) today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for Pilgrim's Pride to acquire all the outstanding stock of WLR Foods in a cash merger valued at approximately $300 million, which includes the assumption and/or refinancing of approximately $60 million of WLR Foods' debt and other obligations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance