USA: Pilgrim's Pride to acquire WLR Foods for $14.25 per share
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (NYSE: CHX, CHX.A) and WLR Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: WLRF) today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement for Pilgrim's Pride to acquire all the outstanding stock of WLR Foods in a cash merger valued at approximately $300 million, which includes the assumption and/or refinancing of approximately $60 million of WLR Foods' debt and other obligations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch