USA: Pilgrim's Pride to close Virginia processing plant due to restructure plans
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation has revealed plans to consolidate production volumes from its Alma, Virginia-based chicken processing plant into two of its other area complexes over the next several months. David Van Hoose, CEO, president and COO, commented: "This change is being made in order to improve operating efficiencies and reduce costs in the eastern division chicken operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action