PHILIPPINES: Pillsbury exits Pure Foods alliance, citing San Miguel buyout
US food group Pillsbury has exited from its joint venture with local Philippine partner Pure Foods Corp, citing food and beverage giant San Miguel's impending purchase of the company from Ayala Corp.
The stock purchase agreement for the PHP8bn sale of Pure Foods is due to be signed by San Miguel and Ayala in May.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast