USA: Pillsbury gains patent for tortilla invention
US packaged foods group Pillsbury has patented a partially fried tortilla and the method for preparing it. The invention reflects Pillsbury's interest in semi-finished foods. This area has been growing in recent years, reflecting consumer enthusiasm for preparing meals quickly and easily. Consumers can buy core components for meals and then complete the preparation process, giving them the satisfaction of having contributed to the meal actively, yet the convenience of speed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"