USA: Pillsbury gains patent for tortilla invention
US packaged foods group Pillsbury has patented a partially fried tortilla and the method for preparing it. The invention reflects Pillsbury's interest in semi-finished foods. This area has been growing in recent years, reflecting consumer enthusiasm for preparing meals quickly and easily. Consumers can buy core components for meals and then complete the preparation process, giving them the satisfaction of having contributed to the meal actively, yet the convenience of speed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action