USA: Pillsbury gains patent for tortilla invention
US packaged foods group Pillsbury has patented a partially fried tortilla and the method for preparing it. The invention reflects Pillsbury's interest in semi-finished foods. This area has been growing in recent years, reflecting consumer enthusiasm for preparing meals quickly and easily. Consumers can buy core components for meals and then complete the preparation process, giving them the satisfaction of having contributed to the meal actively, yet the convenience of speed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth