TURKEY: Pinar Et denies talks with PE firm Investcorp
Turkish meat producer Pinar Entegre Et ve Un Sanayii has denied speculation it is in talk with Bahraini private-equity firm Investcorp regarding a partnership or sale of its shares.
Reports claimed Investcorp is in talks to acquire a minority stake in Pinar Et and that the two companies have signed a confidentiality agreement regarding the potential acquisition.
In a bourse filing, the Istanbul-listed firm said "the allegations are completely untrue".
In January, Investcorp acquired a minority stake in Turkish meat producer Namet Gida.
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- Second US ice cream firm announces total recall