TURKEY: Pinar Et denies talks with PE firm Investcorp
Turkish meat producer Pinar Entegre Et ve Un Sanayii has denied speculation it is in talk with Bahraini private-equity firm Investcorp regarding a partnership or sale of its shares.
Reports claimed Investcorp is in talks to acquire a minority stake in Pinar Et and that the two companies have signed a confidentiality agreement regarding the potential acquisition.
In a bourse filing, the Istanbul-listed firm said "the allegations are completely untrue".
In January, Investcorp acquired a minority stake in Turkish meat producer Namet Gida.
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- What lies behind Ferrero's move for Thorntons?
- Focus: Will ConAgra sell own-label unit?
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- China seizes meat from 1970s in latest scandal
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Unilever, Nestle commit to half food waste by 2025
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines