TURKEY: Pinar Et denies talks with PE firm Investcorp
Turkish meat producer Pinar Entegre Et ve Un Sanayii has denied speculation it is in talk with Bahraini private-equity firm Investcorp regarding a partnership or sale of its shares.
Reports claimed Investcorp is in talks to acquire a minority stake in Pinar Et and that the two companies have signed a confidentiality agreement regarding the potential acquisition.
In a bourse filing, the Istanbul-listed firm said "the allegations are completely untrue".
In January, Investcorp acquired a minority stake in Turkish meat producer Namet Gida.
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour