BELGIUM: PinguinLutosa reports higher Q3 sales
- Sales boosted by Scana Noliko and CECAB deals
- Excluding M&A, sales up 0.2%
- Says 2011 will be "difficult" for UK business
Belgian food group PinguinLutosa has reported an increase in sales over the first nine months of 2011, boosted by recent acquisitions.
However, the company, which makes canned and frozen products, yesterday (27 October) booked a 17.2% rise in sales to EUR406.7m (US$576.4m) for the nine months to the end of September.
PinguinLutosa said the figures included three months of sales from canned firm Scana Noliko and one month of sales from a frozen vegetable business it acquired from French co-op CECAB. It bought both businesses earlier this year.
If the contributions from those acquisitions is not included in the results, PinguinLutosa saw its sales increase 0.2%. Without the contribution from the CECAB deal, PinguinLutosa's deep-frozen vegetable division saw sales fall 4.5%. However, PinguinLutosa said a weaker pound had affected sales rom the division, which would have risen 3.8% if the exchange rate had been unchanged.
PinguinLutosa said its results would improve in the second half of the year, which it said was "more important" to the sector.
However, the company said the performance of its UK business remained "below expectations", which it added means 2011 will be a "difficult transition year".
Click here for the complete statement.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities