SOUTH AFRICA: Pioneer Foods bid for KWV could come in days
A takeover bid from South African food and drink group Pioneer Foods for wine and spirits maker KWV Holding could happen as early as Friday (26 November), just-food understands.
Earlier this month, Pioneer revealed it had contacted KWV with its interest in the business.
Pioneer MD André Hanekom said today that it was too early to speculate on when the offer would be made and that the company was still studying whether to make a formal bid.
There is, however, strong speculation around Paarl, home of both companies, that an offer could be made by the close of business on Friday. The boards of both companies are meeting in the next two days and the subject is set to be high on both firms' agendas.
Sources told just-food that all the indications were that there would be an offer put on the table after the Johannesburg Stock Exchange closes on Friday afternoon.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review