UK: Pizza and pasta restaurant chain ASK Central on track
UK pizza and pasta restaurant chain ASK Central posted interim pre-tax profits up 32% to £5.91m (US$8.68m) in the six months ended 1 July. Turnover climbed 28% to £36.2m. Strong organic growth and new openings drove the strong performance. The AIM-listed operation opened nine new restaurants during the period under review, to boost its total portfolio to 112. CEO Adam Kaye said he expected to open a total of 25 restaurants in the current year, with 30 new openings already slated for next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega