UK: Pizza and pasta restaurant chain ASK Central on track
UK pizza and pasta restaurant chain ASK Central posted interim pre-tax profits up 32% to £5.91m (US$8.68m) in the six months ended 1 July. Turnover climbed 28% to £36.2m. Strong organic growth and new openings drove the strong performance. The AIM-listed operation opened nine new restaurants during the period under review, to boost its total portfolio to 112. CEO Adam Kaye said he expected to open a total of 25 restaurants in the current year, with 30 new openings already slated for next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea