UK: Pizza Express - full speed ahead abroad - COMMENT (Members)
Pizza Express has reported a 24% rise in pre-tax profits for the year. Pizza Express is performing well in the UK, but international operations continue to make a loss. Even though the underlying foreign businesses seem to be making money, the ongoing acquisition of franchises will continue to depress international profits. Still, this strategy should eventually result in real profits being made internationally.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever