UK: Pizza Express may become focus of takeover battle
UK restaurant chain Pizza Express may become the focus of a takeover battle after recommending a £263m (US$414.9m) offer from former chairman and co-founder Luke Johnson. Johnson made his bid through Venice Bidder, a firm set up specifically to takeover Pizza Express. However, following the news that a takeover of the restaurant chain might finally be agreed, venture capital firms TDR Capital and Capricorn Ventures International (CVI) said they might make a higher bid for the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund