UK: Pizza Express receives takeover offer
UK restaurant group Pizza Express has received a takeover offer of between £3.30 and £3.50 per share, valuing the group at £251m (US$390.4m). Pizza Express, which operates over 300 outlets in the UK, had reported sluggish sales in its core Pizza Express restaurants due to tough industry conditions and a downturn in tourism.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti