ROMANIA: Pizza Hut posts increased turnover but drop in net profits over 2000
While net profits dropped by 5% in 2000, compared to 1999 results, the Romanian Pizza Hut chain increased its turnover by 10% and has revealed plans for further expansion through 2001. The pizza chain, controlled by US giant Tricon Global Restaurants , entered the Romanian market in 1994. Its investment over the last year totalled €558,000 and during 2001 it has plans to plough an extra €1.7m into the establishment of new outlets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch