UK: Pizza war breaks out as Domino issues bullish statement
The UK division of Domino's Pizza yesterday upped the stakes in the battle for the home delivery pizza market by claiming market leadership. Domino's Pizza, which holds the British franchise for the US brand, reported a 33% rise in interim sales to £46.4m (US$66.3m) and turnover worth £20.8m (last year: £14.5m) for the six months to 1 July. This generated pre-tax profits of £1.18m (£1.02m). However, these figures include sales in Ireland and all sales through franchisees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review