UK: Pizza war breaks out as Domino issues bullish statement
The UK division of Domino's Pizza yesterday upped the stakes in the battle for the home delivery pizza market by claiming market leadership. Domino's Pizza, which holds the British franchise for the US brand, reported a 33% rise in interim sales to £46.4m (US$66.3m) and turnover worth £20.8m (last year: £14.5m) for the six months to 1 July. This generated pre-tax profits of £1.18m (£1.02m). However, these figures include sales in Ireland and all sales through franchisees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales