UK: Pizza war breaks out as Domino issues bullish statement
The UK division of Domino's Pizza yesterday upped the stakes in the battle for the home delivery pizza market by claiming market leadership. Domino's Pizza, which holds the British franchise for the US brand, reported a 33% rise in interim sales to £46.4m (US$66.3m) and turnover worth £20.8m (last year: £14.5m) for the six months to 1 July. This generated pre-tax profits of £1.18m (£1.02m). However, these figures include sales in Ireland and all sales through franchisees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp