UK: PizzaExpress has "categorically" got no bid for City Centre
Restaurant chain PizzaExpress will "categorically" not be issuing another bid for City Centre Restaurants , it was revealed yesterday (8 February). City Centre rejected the first all-cash 65p per share offer back in November, a move regarded by many analysts as due to poor management. Since then, deteriorating trade and poor performance in its newer outlets has meant that shares have plummeted, closing yesterday at 43p, and full-year forecasts have been lowered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund