USA: PJ America reports third quarter earnings and fourth quarter outlook
PJ America, Inc. (NASDAQ: PJAM), the largest franchisee of Papa John's International, Inc. announced revenues of $27.5 million and net income of $453 thousand for the third quarter ended September 24, 2000. These results represent a sales increase of 13% and net income decrease of 68%, respectively, over revenues of $24.4 million and net income of $1.40 million for the same period in 1999. Net income per share (diluted) for the quarter decreased 58% to $0.10 cents compared to $0.24 cents for the third quarter of 1999. Net income per share was $0.56 cents for the first nine months of 2000 compared to $0.75 cents for the same period in 1999, prior to the cumulative effect change in accounting principle. Comparable restaurant sales for the quarter increased 0.2%. During the third quarter, four restaurants were opened. At September 24, 2000, there were 170 Papa John's restaurants operated by the Company in nine states and Puerto Rico. During the third quarter, the Company repurchased 265,000 shares for $1.9 million. At September 24, 2000, the Company had 4.32 million shares outstanding.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review