US: Planet Organic sales up for year-end
Canadian organic and natural food retailer Planet Organic Health today (21 October) posted a 106% jump in consolidated sales for the year-end.
Sales reached of US$113.9m compared to $55.3m for the same period last year.
The company's market division showed same-store sales growth of 22.4% for the year. Total annual revenues increased to $54.8m from $40.6m last year, an increase of 35%.
Planet's US division, Mrs Green's Natural Market posted a 10.2% increase in annual revenue to $43.2m from $39.2m in 2007.
The company's two largest divisions, Planet Organic Market and Mrs Green's Natural Market account for the majority (86%) of total consolidated revenue. Going forward, Planet said its sales results from the smaller divisions; Trophic, Sangster's and Healthy's (Planet Organic Living), will be disclosed in the MD&A.
Canadian natural and organic retailer Planet Organic has posted a dip in second-quarter earnings, despite a 16.8% jump in sales....
Canadian organic and natural food retailer Planet Organic Health has posted a 16.8% rise in sales for the second quarter....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target