US: Planet Organic to buy Californian chain
Planet Organic Health Corp, Canada's largest natural foods retailer, is set to buy New Leaf Community Markets for US$9.75m.
The acquisition will be funded by the issuance of 1.2m shares in Planet Organic at a price of $2.50, with the balance of $6.75m to be paid in cash. The acquisition is scheduled to close in April.
New Leaf is a leading natural foods retailer in Northern California, with three locations in and around the city of Santa Cruz. New Leaf generated revenues of $26.4m in fiscal 2007.
"We are extremely excited to work with a leading management team in expanding New Leaf throughout the western United States," said Darren Krissie, Planet Organic's CFO. "I am very pleased that the New Leaf team has decided to join the Planet Organic organisation.
Planet Organic Health has said that it is refocusing its "aggressive growth plans" to concentrate on its existing divisions....
Canadian natural products retailer Planet Organic Health Corp. has seen third-quarter sales more than double....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund