BULGARIA: Plans for investment in Burgas ditched by Billa and Metro Cash&Carry
Billa , the Austrian hypermarket chain, and the Metro Cash&Carry wholesale chain have now decided to ditch their planned investments in the Bulgarian city of Burgas on the Black Sea. The proposed project of Metro Cash&Carry has been suspended until the company has completed its marketing analyses, it revealed. Billa has meanwhile completely withdrawn plans to build a €783,000 hypermarket in the city centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund