BULGARIA: Plans for investment in Burgas ditched by Billa and Metro Cash&Carry
Billa , the Austrian hypermarket chain, and the Metro Cash&Carry wholesale chain have now decided to ditch their planned investments in the Bulgarian city of Burgas on the Black Sea. The proposed project of Metro Cash&Carry has been suspended until the company has completed its marketing analyses, it revealed. Billa has meanwhile completely withdrawn plans to build a €783,000 hypermarket in the city centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival