BULGARIA: Plans for investment in Burgas ditched by Billa and Metro Cash&Carry
Billa , the Austrian hypermarket chain, and the Metro Cash&Carry wholesale chain have now decided to ditch their planned investments in the Bulgarian city of Burgas on the Black Sea. The proposed project of Metro Cash&Carry has been suspended until the company has completed its marketing analyses, it revealed. Billa has meanwhile completely withdrawn plans to build a €783,000 hypermarket in the city centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO