USA: Plans for New Soybean Facility Still on Track for Cenex Harvest States
Cenex Harvest States remains committed to construction of a new soybean crushing facility in Fairmont, Minn., as part of the cooperative's overall mission to bring value to its farmer-owners and member co-ops."We own the land and we've been methodically going through the appropriate process of permitting and due diligence," explained Mark Palmquist, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Cenex Harvest States. "However, with tighter and tighter crushing margins recently, we simply haven't felt it was prudent to move too quickly. The last thing we would want to do is add stress to the industry with over-capacity."The cooperative continues to monitor the crushing industry as it moves toward the decision to break ground this fall or next spring.Cenex Harvest States, the largest U.S. grain cooperative, currently has a defined business unit program for oilseed producers where members have invested in the cooperative's soybean processing and refining operations. In its first two years of operation, this program has paid dividends to investors based on a calculation of bushels delivered by the individual producer-investor. Cenex Harvest States (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review