INDONESIA: Plans underway for the first corn processing plant in the country
Plans are afoot to build Indonesia's first corn processing plant in Cilegon, and at 200,000m2 it is set to be the largest such factory in south east Asia. In a country previously reliant on cornstarch imports, the plant is intended to supply much of Indonesia's domestic corn needs, and is to be built under a thirty-year agreement between Sub Indah and the company Krakatau Bandar Samudera. Company president Soepeno Sumardjo revealed yesterday (27 September) that Sub Indah has invested Rp500bn in the project, which will produce 700 tons of processed corn a day. Of that, 35% will be corn gluten meal and non-cholesterol corn oil and the other 65% will be cornstarch, used as feedstock for glucose, fructose, maltose and sorbitol.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review