UK: Plant sterol-enriched spreads could save the NHS millions each year
October 30th - Plant sterol-enriched spreads with cholesterol-lowering ability have the potential to reduce thousands of coronary events and save the NHS almost £90 million a year, according to a paper published today in the Journal of Medical Economics. The paper entitled "Flora pro.activ: a clinical and financial impact analysis", uses published, peer-reviewed data to investigate the impact of a plant sterol spread on lipid profiles when used in combination with a healthy diet.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill