AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Plant sterols can only go in margarine products
A lack of evidence concerning the safety of eating increased amounts of plant sterols (phytosterol esters) has prompted the Australia New Zealand Food Authority (ANZFA) to ban the sale of all yoghurt, milk, cereal bars and mayonnaise products containing the ingredient from 16 June.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO