UK: Plum launches "super-nutritious" toddler snack pouches
Plum launches Mighty 4 line
Plum Inc is launching what it has described as a "super-nutritious" organic snack pouch for toddlers in the UK.
The baby food business, owned by Campbell Soup Co., said the new range, called Mighty 4, contains four food groups - fruit, vegetables, dairy and "ancient grains". The pouch packaging means that the product is convenient and allows toddlers to self-feed, the company added.
The line includes three varieties: backberry, quinoa, carrot and Greek-style yoghurt; sweet potato, blueberry, millet and Greek-style yoghurt; and kale, strawberry, amaranth and Greek-style yoghurt.
The products will be rolled out into retailers including Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Ocado and Morrisons between January and April.
Plum is also relocating production of its pouch products from the US to Europe, a spokesperson for the company confirmed.
"Production of the pouches in the US was a temporary measure and it was always planned to be moved to Europe to a pre-existing production location," the spokesperson told just-food.
The company did not provide details of where it is transferring production to or when it expects to complete this process.
The Campbell name remains synonymous with soup in its largest market - North America. The company however has recently undertaken a number of acquisitions as it hopes to move beyond soup into new cate...
Plimsoll’s Organic Food Manufacturers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Organic Food Manufacturers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and ...
Plimsoll’s Soup Producers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Soup Producers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a written and ...
Frozen Foods, Canned Foods, Juices and Dried Fruit & Vegetable Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311400 Vital indus...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report