CROATIA: Podravka to buy Agrokor canned meats unit
Podravka set to buy canned meats business from Agrokor unit
Podravka said "contracts had been concluded" over assets owned by PIK Vrbovec. No financial details were disclosed.
The company said the agreements covered the "transfer of trademarks, recipes and equipment and on acquiring the business of production and sales of canned meat pates and canned meat products".
Podravka underwent a restructuring of its own business last year, which saw it line up assets for sale.
The group's bakery and beverage busineses are to be offloaded, as well as part of its frozen food divison.
In February, Podravka said it planned to axe 340 jobs as part of a redundancy programme. Employees affected work in positions within meat processing unit Danica, as well as the Podravka parent company itself.
Podravka dooel, a Macedonia-based subsidiary of Podravka dd, is focused on maintaining the strong position and distribution of Podravka packaged food, manufactured by its parent company, in Macedonia....
2012 was a year of recovery for Podravka dd and the creation of a healthy foundation for future businesses and growth. It is focusing on the optimisation of its product portfolio and brands which repr...
In comparison to the previous four years of the review period, growth of current value sales in 2013 was significant, with 1% positive growth compared to negative growth since 2009. However, this grow...
Although a significant decline in sales in 2009 and 2010 was halted in 2011-2012, growth was modest with the possibility of a backlash if the economy takes a turn for the worse. A 1% increase in curre...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global bakery & cereals market during July 2014. ...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz