CROATIA: Podravka to buy Agrokor canned meats unit
Podravka set to buy canned meats business from Agrokor unit
Podravka said "contracts had been concluded" over assets owned by PIK Vrbovec. No financial details were disclosed.
The company said the agreements covered the "transfer of trademarks, recipes and equipment and on acquiring the business of production and sales of canned meat pates and canned meat products".
Podravka underwent a restructuring of its own business last year, which saw it line up assets for sale.
The group's bakery and beverage busineses are to be offloaded, as well as part of its frozen food divison.
In February, Podravka said it planned to axe 340 jobs as part of a redundancy programme. Employees affected work in positions within meat processing unit Danica, as well as the Podravka parent company itself.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What delay means for UK child obesity strategy
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Kraft Heinz launches new Creationz range