POLAND/EU: Poland tries to negotiate with EU over dairy products production
Poland is insisting on the right to be able to simultaneously produce dairy products that meet EU sanitary conditions and those that do not, until 2006.
Of the 400 dairies in Poland, just 38 meet EU sanitary criteria, with a further 178 planning to be able to meet the criteria within the next year.
Poland wants the dual production rights in order to prevent many Polish dairy farms from going bankrupt. It now wants to secure dual production rights for 110 of its dairies, rather than the 216 that it had previously demanded.
EU negotiators are reluctant for the rights to be granted to more than a few dairies, reported the Polish News Bulletin.
People are getting richer. That means they are going to be eating more meat, milk and eggs. And according to speaker after speaker at a recent international conference on the grains sector, that's gre...
Recent weeks have seen further arguments between the US and Canada over beef, and between the US and Japan over beef. Disputes in which one side insists it's operating on food health grounds while the...
A top Russian vet has said that it is too early for Russia to restart imports of meat from Poland, according to the Interfax news agency. ...
The European Union has agreed to open negotiations with its Euro-Mediterranean partners to further open up trade in fresh and processed agricultural and fisheries products....
Markos Kyprianou, EU Commissioner for Health and Consumer Protection, will visit Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia, during an official tour of South East Asia from 6-16 November to discuss avi...
US agriculture secretary Mike Johanns has announced progress with China on key market access issues after meetings in Beijing with Chinese officials....
The World Bank is lending Columbia US$30m to improve the competitiveness of its food production, to help increase its exports, especially of poultry, beef and milk products....
Brazil's Agriculture Ministry suspended temporarily the country's processed beef exports to the USA as of 5 May, according to a report from its Department of Livestock Farming Products Inspection quo...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review