JAPAN: Police bring charges against Snow Brand executives
The president and several key executives of troubled Japanese dairy company Snow Brand Milk Products are to be charged with professional negligence following the mass food poisoning outbreak in Western Japan this June and July.The charges, brought by the Osaka police, are expected to be filed in November, and are also presumed to include action against the company manager at the Snow Brand plant where the infected products originated. Company president, Tetsuro Ishikawa, actually resigned from his position on 6 July.Nearly 15,000 consumers fell ill this summer when the bacteria Enterotoxin contaminated powdered skimmed milk produced at a plant in Taiki and which was used as the basis for four other dairy products at an Osaka plant. The main allegation to be made is that while the company received the first complaint of illness on 27 June, and officials demanded the cessation of production on the 28 June, it was not until the evening of the 29th that the public was warned against consuming the products, by which time 200 people were ill.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review