POLAND: Polish food prices fall in August
Polish food and soft drink prices fell by 0.7% in the first two weeks of August on fruit and vegetable prices down 17% and 18.8% respectively. Farmers in several regions were hit by drought, which held the price fall in check as the cost of meat, sugar, flour and bread rose. Industry analysts estimate that prices will continue to fall during the rest of August, prompting speculation that inflation could ease back from its current 11.4% high.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action