POLAND: Polish food prices fall in August
Polish food and soft drink prices fell by 0.7% in the first two weeks of August on fruit and vegetable prices down 17% and 18.8% respectively. Farmers in several regions were hit by drought, which held the price fall in check as the cost of meat, sugar, flour and bread rose. Industry analysts estimate that prices will continue to fall during the rest of August, prompting speculation that inflation could ease back from its current 11.4% high.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up