EU: Political agreement reached on animal health rules
Today [Thursday] the Agriculture Council reached political agreement on the proposed animal health rules for the production, processing, distribution and introduction into the European Union of products of animal origin intended for human consumption. The draft law is part of the hygiene package presented by the European Commission in 2000, which will give food operators primary responsibility for food safety right through the food chain from farm to fork. It simplifies and strengthens animal health requirements inside the EU and requirements for the introduction of goods of animal origin intended for human consumption into the EU from other countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'