US: Ponte Verde recalls frozen beef
Florida-based Ponte Verde has recalled around 20,460 pounds of frozen beef trim over fears that it could be contaminated with E coli.
Included in the recall are 60-pound bulk boxes of BM-95 Boneless Beef bearing the establishment number "Nicaragua 4" inside the Nicaraguan mark of inspection.
The products were sent to distributors and establishments in New York and Pennsylvania.
These products were sent to establishments for further processing and it is therefore unlikely that products available for direct consumer purchase will bear the establishment number.
The problem was discovered through FSIS microbiological sampling and there have been no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of this product.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast