UK: Poor forecast for Snackhouse H2 does not worry company
Shares at UK food manufacturer Snackhouse, formally known as Benson's Crisps, fell to a two-year low following speculation that H2 trading profits will be lower than market expectations. Snackhouse has experienced a difficult year; in a statement it revealed that the withdrawal of a profitable contract by a major retailer and poor trading conditions have "adversely affected the group's most profitable trading period, resulting in a downturn in profits."Sid Taylor, company chairman, believes that the poor results reflect "particularly intense competitive pressures in the UK food industry."Although too late to impact on the H2 figures, the company has stressed its continued strategy of organic and acquisitive development. The two major acquisitions of last year, Country Harvests and K Snack Foods, continue to be profitable and several branded product launches are scheduled for the near future. Commercial director Adrian Luckham has resigned, but Snackhouse maintains it has "a continuing emphasis on product innovation and customer service."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review