UK: Pop band Steps-inspired pasta shapes launched by Heinz
The 'tweenie-boppers' pop sensations Steps have received an unusual edible accolade; US food giant Heinz has launched a canned pasta shapes product based on a series of the band's dance moves.
Based on a familiar pasta in tomato sauce format, the tins contain five new dance-inspired shapes; a star (reminiscent of the dance from the band's "Tragedy" hit), a dancing foot, a hand expression, and a musical note. A sixth pasta shape spells the word "Steps".
A spokesman for the pop band, which is currently touring the UK, promised the Daily Star: "They love these shapes and are really happy with the way they've turned out".
Band member Lisa Scott-Lee told the paper that she had not yet tried them, but insisted "that's only because we're on tour and I haven't had time to go to a supermarket."
US food giant H.J. Heinz has completed its acquisition of HP Foods from France's Groupe Danone for £470m (US$820m) in cash....
H J Heinz Company has announced that it has agreed to purchase privately-held Nancy's Specialty Foods Inc, producers of the Nancy's brand of premium appetizers, quiche entrees and desserts. Terms of ...
H J Heinz Company has today (Monday) confirmed that it has signed a definitive agreement with Groupe Danone SA to acquire a number of leading culinary sauce brands for £470m (US$855m) in cash....
Heinz is close to buying HP Foods, maker of Lea & Perrins and HP Sauce from French diary giant Danone, according to the Daily Telegraph newspaper....
H J Heinz Company has named Idamarie Laquatra as director, global nutrition....
H J Heinz Company today reported net income of $206.5m for its fourth quarter ended April 27, 2005, compared with $196.5m in the same period last year....
H J Heinz Company has announced the promotion of Jeffrey P Berger to executive vice president. He will be responsible for the company's global foodservice business....
H J Heinz Company has announced the appointment of Jane S Miller as president of its UK and Ireland business unit....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review