USA: POP N GO signs $5 million agreement
POP N GO, Inc. (OTC BB:POPN) and Hamlet Productions Corp. of Calgary, Canada, have entered into a three-year exclusive Distribution Agreement for Hamlet to become POP N GO's exclusive distributor for Canada. The agreement calls for Hamlet to purchase a minimum of 2000 POP N GO popcorn machines during the term of the agreement. "This contract is another important milestone in POP N GO's worldwide network of strategic distributor alliances. The pending acquisition of Branax LLC and the continued expansion of our distribution base further enhances POP N GO's ability to meet its aggressive sales target of $8 million for FY2001," commented Mel Wyman, POP N GO's CEO. "We are confident that POP N GO will be a major factor in the snack and vending markets in Canada. POP N GO's unique ability to entertain and to serve a fresh, quality snack on demand is exactly what today's consumer demands. We are eagerly looking forward to installing our first machines at the end of November," stated Peter McWhir, Hamlet's president. "POP N GO is pleased to be able to introduce our products into Canada through a quality organization with experience in the food service industry. Hamlet has developed many creative approaches for marketing POP N GO into Canada, which will ensure the success of the POP N GO program," stated Wyman. POP N GO is a specialty food service equipment manufacturer. The company's self-contained equipment produces fresh hot popcorn for each customer, while allowing the customer to watch the entire popping process. POP N GO's machine can be used as a stand-alone vending machine, or in a manual mode for traditional food service applications. POP N GO is a fully-reporting company, trading under the stock symbol "POPN." Visit its Web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report