US/MIDDLE EAST: Popcorn firm Pop Gourmet strikes Landmark deal
US firm Pop Gourmet Popcorn has secured listings with Middle East retailer Landmark Group as it continues its international expansion.
The company has finalised a deal with Landmark that will see the Dubai-based retail and hospitality group gain exclusive rights to the distribution of Pop Gourmet Popcorn products in the region from January 2014.
The two sides are also eyeing setting up a plant in Dubai to produce the popcorn if sales targets are reached.
"The Landmark Group has more than 40 years of experience selling consumer products in the Middle East region and believes we can collectively achieve more than $10 million in sales by 2015," Pop Gourmet president and CEO David Israel said.
Israel set up the business in 2010. It has won listings with retailers including Kroger and Fairway Market Holdings in the US and has secured business in markets including the UK and Canada.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods