USA: Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits Signs Agreement to Develop 35 Restaurants in Australia
Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, the world's second-largest quick-service chicken concept, today announced the signing of a franchise development agreement that calls for the construction of 35 new Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits locations in Australia over the next six years. The agreement represents the first development by the Popeyes brand in Australia. Under the terms of the agreement local franchise partner Group Song Enterprises will construct 35 restaurants throughout the city of Sydney. The first restaurant is scheduled to open December 2000, with five more to open by late 2001. The Australia development agreement caps an aggressive first two quarters for Popeyes International. This agreement follows development deals for 56 restaurants in Indonesia, eight restaurants in Panama, four restaurants in Iceland, and five restaurants in Honduras. Worldwide, the company now operates almost 1,450 restaurants in 43 states and 23 countries with an outstanding commitment pool of 850 restaurants. "The development in Australia allows us to solidify the Popeyes brand as one of the leading restaurant brands throughout the Asia/Pacific region," Anthony Pavese, Chief Operating Officer for Popeyes International, said. "We are confident that this initial development in Sydney will be the springboard to future growth throughout Australia." Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, the world's second-largest chicken chain in terms of sales, is a division of AFC Enterprises and operates the Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, Cajun Kitchen and Popeyes Cajun Cafe concepts. Popeyes was recently awarded the Restaurants and Institutions Choice in Chains Gold Award for Customer Service as well as the Nation's Restaurant News Menu Masters Award for its Popeyes Louisiana Legends(TM) product. Founded in 1972, Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits today has more than 1,425 locations in 43 states and 23 countries worldwide and achieved 1999 system-wide sales in excess of $1 billion. Visit the Popeyes web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report