USA: Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits Continues Global Expansion With 56 Restaurant Development Agreement in Indonesia
Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, the world's second-largest quick-service chicken concept, today announced the signing of a franchise development agreement that calls for the construction of 56 new Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits locations in Indonesia over the next five years. Under terms of the agreement, local franchise partner Pop Indo will develop the Popeyes concept throughout Indonesia. Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits currently has four restaurants operating in Indonesia with an additional 2-3 locations scheduled to open in 2000 as part of the recently signed agreement. "The expansion of the Popeyes brand into Indonesia is a part of our growth strategy to increase the presence of the brand in key markets throughout Asia," Anthony Pavese, Chief Operating Officer for Popeyes International, said. "Popeyes has had a strong presence throughout Asia for many years and this new development will help to solidify the Popeyes brand as one of the premier restaurant concepts in the region." Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, the world's second-largest chicken chain in terms of sales, is a division of AFC Enterprises and operates the Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits, Cajun Kitchen and Popeyes Cajun Cafe concepts. Popeyes was recently awarded the Restaurants and Institutions Choice in Chains Gold Award for Customer Service as well as the Nation's Restaurant News Menu Masters Award for its Popeyes Louisiana Legends(TM) product. Founded in 1972, Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits today has more than 1,425 locations in 43 states and 21 countries worldwide and achieved 1999 system-wide sales in excess of 1 billion dollars. Visit the Popeyes web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report