CHINA: Pork price war resolved as wholesaler agrees to cut supplies to ParknShop
A week-long battle that has been raging between meat traders in Hong Kong has been resolved after wholesaler Ng Fung Hong agreed to make retailer ParknShop join the daily auction used by other retailers and suppliers. Ng Fung Hong had been supplying meat to ParknShop already cut and cleaned, which provoked protest from rival suppliers within the Hong Kong Meat Merchants' Association, who said the arrangement constituted unfair competition.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife