CHINA: Pork price war resolved as wholesaler agrees to cut supplies to ParknShop
A week-long battle that has been raging between meat traders in Hong Kong has been resolved after wholesaler Ng Fung Hong agreed to make retailer ParknShop join the daily auction used by other retailers and suppliers. Ng Fung Hong had been supplying meat to ParknShop already cut and cleaned, which provoked protest from rival suppliers within the Hong Kong Meat Merchants' Association, who said the arrangement constituted unfair competition.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses