USA: Pork snacks sales boom in US due to new diet fad
US sales of pork scratchings are booming, boosted by a health trend that encourages high-protein, low-carbohydrate snack food.Thanks to advice from weight-loss gurus such as Dr Robert Atkins, whose diet regimen includes fried pig skin dipped in sour cream, pork rind sales grew 18 per cent last year - triple the growth rate of the snack-food industry as a whole.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO