UPDATE: UK: ABP: Pork tests on Waitrose SKUs negative
ABP told just-food that all its tests carried out on Waitrose products have come back negative
Waitrose this morning (13 February) announced a recall of its British beef meatballs after the product was found to potentially contain traces of pork.
Waitrose said test results on the product had been "contradictory" but added it had taken the "precautionary action" of removing the product from sale and putting up customer information notices in all its branches.
However, in a statement today, ABP told just-food all its tests carried out on Waitrose products have come back negative.
The recall comes amid concerns over the composition of meat products in the UK and Europe after horse and pig DNA was found in frozen lines, including beef burgers and lasagnes.
ABP is at the centre of the saga. Burgers made at three of its plants in Ireland and the UK and supplied to retailers including Tesco, The Co-operative Group and Aldi were found to contain horse meat.
The Waitrose beef meat balls were made by ABP Freshlink in Glasgow, which has been lined up for closure by parent ABP.
"Freshlink has carried out over 450 DNA tests during the last two and a half years. All our test results have been confirmed as negative for non-declared species," ABP said.
"Freshlink will share all results directly with the FSA as part of their investigations."
UK snacks firm New York Delhi has secured a listing with Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd but the company insists it is aiming to grow without "selling out" to the large supermarket chains....
Tesco China will take a cautious approach to development in China, given the currently challenging market environment. With a focus on building scale in North, South and East China, Tesco China will h...
Tesco Plc entered the US market in 2007 with its small format, convenience-orientated Fresh & Easy stores. Since its entry, the economic recession compounded the challenges of entering a new market. T...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019