UPDATE: UK: ABP: Pork tests on Waitrose SKUs negative
ABP told just-food that all its tests carried out on Waitrose products have come back negative
Waitrose this morning (13 February) announced a recall of its British beef meatballs after the product was found to potentially contain traces of pork.
Waitrose said test results on the product had been "contradictory" but added it had taken the "precautionary action" of removing the product from sale and putting up customer information notices in all its branches.
However, in a statement today, ABP told just-food all its tests carried out on Waitrose products have come back negative.
The recall comes amid concerns over the composition of meat products in the UK and Europe after horse and pig DNA was found in frozen lines, including beef burgers and lasagnes.
ABP is at the centre of the saga. Burgers made at three of its plants in Ireland and the UK and supplied to retailers including Tesco, The Co-operative Group and Aldi were found to contain horse meat.
The Waitrose beef meat balls were made by ABP Freshlink in Glasgow, which has been lined up for closure by parent ABP.
"Freshlink has carried out over 450 DNA tests during the last two and a half years. All our test results have been confirmed as negative for non-declared species," ABP said.
"Freshlink will share all results directly with the FSA as part of their investigations."
UK snacks firm New York Delhi has secured a listing with Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd but the company insists it is aiming to grow without "selling out" to the large supermarket chains....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020