UK: Portlebay debuts sweet popcorn line
Portlebay has launched a sweet popcorn line
UK popcorn maker Portlebay has launched a line of sweet popcorn it believes is different from rival products on the market.
The new line is available in three flavours - Cinnamon Swirl, Very Berry and Lemon Sherbet. The products hit Tesco and Sainsbury's shelves this month.
Portlebay Popcorn is wholegrain, high in fibre and less than 115 calories per 25g bag. The new sweet flavours will sit alongside their savoury range, which includes Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup, Chilli & Lime and Orchard Wood Smoked Cheddar.
Jonty White, owner and creator of Portlebay Popcorn, said: "There are plenty of savoury or sweet snack options out there at the moment, but popcorn-wise we wanted to create something that was different from traditional toffee-covered popcorn or squidgy popcorn with crisp flavours."
The RSP for the 25g impulse bags is GBP0.85 (US$1.42). The 75g sharer bags have a recommended price of GBP1.89.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)