UK: Portlebay debuts sweet popcorn line
Portlebay has launched a sweet popcorn line
UK popcorn maker Portlebay has launched a line of sweet popcorn it believes is different from rival products on the market.
The new line is available in three flavours - Cinnamon Swirl, Very Berry and Lemon Sherbet. The products hit Tesco and Sainsbury's shelves this month.
Portlebay Popcorn is wholegrain, high in fibre and less than 115 calories per 25g bag. The new sweet flavours will sit alongside their savoury range, which includes Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup, Chilli & Lime and Orchard Wood Smoked Cheddar.
Jonty White, owner and creator of Portlebay Popcorn, said: "There are plenty of savoury or sweet snack options out there at the moment, but popcorn-wise we wanted to create something that was different from traditional toffee-covered popcorn or squidgy popcorn with crisp flavours."
The RSP for the 25g impulse bags is GBP0.85 (US$1.42). The 75g sharer bags have a recommended price of GBP1.89.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019