UK: Portlebay debuts sweet popcorn line
Portlebay has launched a sweet popcorn line
UK popcorn maker Portlebay has launched a line of sweet popcorn it believes is different from rival products on the market.
The new line is available in three flavours - Cinnamon Swirl, Very Berry and Lemon Sherbet. The products hit Tesco and Sainsbury's shelves this month.
Portlebay Popcorn is wholegrain, high in fibre and less than 115 calories per 25g bag. The new sweet flavours will sit alongside their savoury range, which includes Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup, Chilli & Lime and Orchard Wood Smoked Cheddar.
Jonty White, owner and creator of Portlebay Popcorn, said: "There are plenty of savoury or sweet snack options out there at the moment, but popcorn-wise we wanted to create something that was different from traditional toffee-covered popcorn or squidgy popcorn with crisp flavours."
The RSP for the 25g impulse bags is GBP0.85 (US$1.42). The 75g sharer bags have a recommended price of GBP1.89.
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy