UK: Portlebay debuts sweet popcorn line
Portlebay has launched a sweet popcorn line
UK popcorn maker Portlebay has launched a line of sweet popcorn it believes is different from rival products on the market.
The new line is available in three flavours - Cinnamon Swirl, Very Berry and Lemon Sherbet. The products hit Tesco and Sainsbury's shelves this month.
Portlebay Popcorn is wholegrain, high in fibre and less than 115 calories per 25g bag. The new sweet flavours will sit alongside their savoury range, which includes Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup, Chilli & Lime and Orchard Wood Smoked Cheddar.
Jonty White, owner and creator of Portlebay Popcorn, said: "There are plenty of savoury or sweet snack options out there at the moment, but popcorn-wise we wanted to create something that was different from traditional toffee-covered popcorn or squidgy popcorn with crisp flavours."
The RSP for the 25g impulse bags is GBP0.85 (US$1.42). The 75g sharer bags have a recommended price of GBP1.89.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV
- TreeHouse rationalises production network
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale