PORTUGAL: Portugal to ease hypermarket restrictions
Portugal is to ease restrictions on building hypermarkets with a new law set to come into force at the beginning of 2004. The previous government had stopped granting building permits for hypermarkets in October 2001 when stores of 2,000 square metres or more reached a legal limit of 35% of the country's food retail market, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth