EU: Portugal tops list of food and drink spending in European Union
The Portuguese are the European Union's keenest purchasers of food and soft drinks, considering annual household spending, according to European Union statistical agency Eurostat. Portugal's consumers devoted 18.5% of their spending on food and non-alcoholic drinks in 2001 and 2000 - the latest available comparative statistics.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Mondelez profits down but gives guidance boost
- Lindt adds Hello Bites to US portfolio