PORTUGAL: Portuguese contest EU olive aid block
Portugal has pressed for a resumption of the European Union's funding of the International Olive Oil Council for the promotion of olive oil in non-EU countries where demand is low, (such as the USA, Australia and Japan). Lisbon, backed by the Italian, Greek and Spanish delegations, told the European Commission at a recent Council of Ministers meeting that the subsidies were important for boosting EU exports of the product.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat