USA: Positioning knowledge-based food sector companies for growth
Investment decisions in the food sector have traditionally been based on assessments of a company's tangible assets. This information is no longer adequate as knowledge-based assets increasingly influence the growth and profitability of firms in this sector. "Companies are being challenged by investors to revise the business and make it profitable", according to Brian Hayward, CEO of United Grain Growers. "Each solution is going to be a tailor-made suit. It will require the transformation of capital into new technology and the creation of products, services and processes that are embedded with knowledge-based value" he told registrants at the Year 2000 Moving the Markets conference. The design and analysis of these solutions poses new challenges for corporate and institutional investors as they develop new strategies for making decisions that will more effectively capture unprecedented opportunities for growth. "Optimized capital structure will be an important part of this transition as companies move towards higher, more stable growth", says Hayward.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group