USA: Positioning knowledge-based food sector companies for growth
Investment decisions in the food sector have traditionally been based on assessments of a company's tangible assets. This information is no longer adequate as knowledge-based assets increasingly influence the growth and profitability of firms in this sector. "Companies are being challenged by investors to revise the business and make it profitable", according to Brian Hayward, CEO of United Grain Growers. "Each solution is going to be a tailor-made suit. It will require the transformation of capital into new technology and the creation of products, services and processes that are embedded with knowledge-based value" he told registrants at the Year 2000 Moving the Markets conference. The design and analysis of these solutions poses new challenges for corporate and institutional investors as they develop new strategies for making decisions that will more effectively capture unprecedented opportunities for growth. "Optimized capital structure will be an important part of this transition as companies move towards higher, more stable growth", says Hayward.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review