USA: Positive Q3 results for Safeway
Positive Q3 results have been posted by US retail giant Safeway Inc, revealing that earnings rose by 21% and net income rose to US$270m, up from the US$223.4m grossed in the third quarter of 1999. The 15% increase in sales, which reached US$7.5bn, was boosted by strong store operations and last year's acquisition of Randall's Food Markets Inc. Estimates reported by analysts First Call/Thomson Financial were beaten by one cent per share, but on the NYSE however, shares fell from their 52-week high by 6.9%, to be valued at US$50.38.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%